Share our common goal
By fundraising for us within your community, workplace, sporting club or school you will be sharing our vision of a community free from sexual assault and family violence committed to the principles of social justice and human rights.
You can host your own event or fundraiser and start raising awareness about us and the people we support while having fun along the way.
The impact of your funds
Your generosity is making a difference to the people we support.
Here are some examples of how your fundraising helps:
- Many women leave their home due to family violence with nothing but the clothes they are wearing. They have had to flee a violent situation and often with children. We are able to provide them with emergency accommodation and essential items like food, petrol vouchers and sanitary items.
- Our Refuge provides safety for women and children escaping family violence and funds raised help to supply items like linen, furniture and kitchen essentials. We are also able to provide the women with moving packs for when they relocate to permanent accommodation.
- We have been able to support families with school essentials including uniforms, text books and extra curricular activities.
- School holidays can be a great time for connection and fun, and we are able to provide extra curricular activities like enjoying time at theme parks, the zoo and the movies.
- We continue to support our clients by providing more access to therapeutic activities like equine therapy as well as further engage by using therapeutic resources for art and sensory supplies.
Ready to start fundraising?
Please follow the steps below:
- Choose what fundraising activity you would like to do like a walk or run; a sausage sizzle; an art show; a movie night; a trivia evening, a personal challenge – the possibilities are endless.
- Let us know about your fundraiser by completing our Authority to Fundraise. We will consider your request to fundraise and then send you an Authority to Fundraise letter.
- Collect your donations and send them into us by Bank Transfer, through our Website or set up a fundraising page on MyCause.
- Start promoting your amazing event and let your family and friends know. Have fun along the way and feel free to tag us on social media @thesafvcentre
For more information contact our Community Relations Officer (03) 5222 4318 or [email protected].