About The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre
We are a leading organisation offering a comprehensive suite of services to clients and the community across the Barwon, West Melbourne and Wimmera Regions. Providing specialist sexual assault and family violence programs and services, including 24 hour crisis care support, case management, therapeutic counselling, early intervention and professional education and training, we continue to grow and develop our offerings.
About The Role
This role is required to assist in the provision of quality reception services and administrative tasks to support the efficient and effective delivery of The SAFV Centre services by providing a professional, courteous and responsive first point of contact for clients and others accessing the service.
There will be an expectation in this position to collaborate with colleagues and to build strong working relationships with the co-located agencies. This role will require a high level of client confidentiality and sensitivity.
You will likely have experience in a similar role or similar organisation. You will be able to demonstrate advanced communication and computer skills. You be able to prioritise a diverse workload and calmly complete tasks. You will have an excellent work ethic and a demonstrated ability to work autonomously and show initiative. You will be a values based individual who is motivated to make a difference.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain a current Working With Children’s check and National Police Check at their own expense.
Why work for The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre?
The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre takes pride in being an employer of choice; we are passionate about the wellbeing of our team members and we provide a number of complementary benefits to our staff, some of our benefits include:
Generous above award Enterprise Agreement entitlements
- Flexible and part time working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- 10 weeks Paid parental leave
- Salary packaging
Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Weekly delivery of fruit
- Pet friendly environment
- Internal book exchange program
- Social initiatives
- Positive workplace culture
During COVID 19, The Sexual Assault and Family Violence is providing numerous engagement opportunities for staff to ensure they feel supported whilst working from home, These engagement opportunities include:
- Regular communications such as a weekly staff newsletter and fortnightly CEO update
- Organisation wellness channel; virtual afternoon teas, walking meetings, care packages and social initiatives
How To Apply
To apply, please go to our website at www.safvcentre.org.au/careers to view the position description and submission requirements. All applications must address the key selection criteria outlined in the PD. Applications should be sent to [email protected]. For a confidential discussion, please contact Kelly Wickham on 03-5222 4318
We are currently accepting applications from direct applicants only, no recruitment agency applications accepted.
Key Selection Criteria
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated organisational ability and initiative, including often working with competing demands.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role including reception and office administration.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated experience working as first point of contact, in a warm and professional manner to encourage engagement.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including use of programs such as Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, Health Direct with ability to trouble shoot basic IT issues.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills including high level attention to detail, ability to multi-task, accuracy and prioritisation.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and within a team environment.
- An interest in the development of information and promotional materials.
- Initiative and openness to feedback with the ability to actively engage in continuous quality improvement strategies and developmental areas.
- Ability to work in a changing environment.
- Commitment to the vision, values and purposes of The SAFV Centre.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Applicants must provide the name and current contact details of 3 professional referees including the most recent or current supervisor.
Period of Appointment
This position is ongoing, dependent on the continuation of funding to the service.
Hours of work
- The position is part-time 0.8 FTE (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday)
- Hours will usually be worked during business hours of 9.00 am to 5.06 pm. between Monday to Friday;
- Flexibility in working hours will be required, as the need arises.
Salary and Conditions
Annual salary will be paid in accordance with the current industrial instrument, The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre Enterprise Agreement 2018, and classified as a Business Services Administration and Support Services Employee Level 2. Annual salary is $69,112.16 plus superannuation (pro rata for part time).
Salary Packaging: Provided via Maxxia. PBI status with other expenses available to package above this cap. The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre is a Public Benevolent Institution.
Superannuation: The employer will also make superannuation payments on your behalf in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992.
Probationary Period – 6 months with a review conducted during this time.
Employee Responsibility – Mandatory prior to commencement
- Valid Working with Children Check at employee expense
- National Police Records Check – renewed every 3 years of employment at employee expense
This position description is subject to review and may change in accordance with the needs of our organisation; including our operations, our clients and our stakeholders.