Counsellor Advocate – Wimmera
About The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre in Horsham
We are a leading organisation offering a comprehensive suite of services to clients and the community across the Barwon and Wimmera Regions, this role is based in our Horsham. We provide specialist sexual assault and family violence programs and services, including 24 hour crisis care support, case management, therapeutic counselling, early intervention and professional education and training, we continue to grow and develop our offerings.
About The Role
This role provides specialised counselling to children, young people and adults who have experienced sexual assault or family violence, and to their non-offending family or friends. The role may also include the provision of therapeutic services and intervention to children and young people who engage in problematic or abusive sexualised behaviours. You will assist with an intake system, conducting assessments and facilitating trauma informed counselling therapeutic group work.
The role reports to a Team Leader, is supported by a team of highly skilled and qualified practitioners and receives regular clinical supervision and valuable peer and organisational support.
The position is based in Horsham and may require travel to outpost locations across the Wimmera Region and part of the South West Region.
With degree qualifications in social work, welfare or psychology, you will be able to demonstrate experience in case management, risk assessment and delivery of therapeutic interventions.
If you share our vision for a community free from family violence and sexual assault and are motivated to make a difference, we would like to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. You care for our clients and we care for you, including by investing in your development and wellbeing. You will have access to leading specialists and training and development that supports you in your role and in your longer term career journey. We offer a variety of career pathway options, leading salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements that help you manage your work and your life.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain a current Working With Children’s check and National Police Check at their own expense.
Why work for The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre?
The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre takes pride in being an employer of choice; we are passionate about the wellbeing of our team members and we provide a number of complementary benefits to our staff, some of our benefits include:
Generous above award Enterprise Agreement entitlements
- Flexible and part time working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- 10 weeks Paid parental leave
- Salary packaging
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Social initiatives
- Positive workplace culture
How To Apply
All applications must address the key selection criteria outlined in the PD. Applications should be sent to [email protected]. For a confidential discussion, please contact our People and Culture team on 03 5222 4318.
We are currently accepting applications from direct applicants only, no recruitment agency applications accepted.
Key Selection Criteria
Essential Qualifications and Experience
Your application must address the following:
- Degree or above qualification in social work, psychology, family therapy or similar discipline.
- Minimum two years relevant therapeutic experience post qualification.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Significant knowledge and expertise in working therapeutically in relation to dynamics and effects of trauma on children and adults, including family members and friends.
- A comprehensive understanding of the issues relating to sexual assault and family violence within a trauma informed, feminist intersectional, and systemic approach.
- Demonstrated assessment skills, including therapeutic assessment, crisis intervention, risk assessment and safety planning.
- Ability to work collaboratively with MDC partner organisations and across complex systems including but not limited to police, judicial, medical, educational, child protection, community services and family systems.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and to value and contribute to a positive workplace culture as a team member.
- Commitment to the vision, values and purposes of The SAFV Centre.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and cultural equity in service delivery.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Applicants must provide the name and current contact details of 2-3 professional referees including the most recent or current supervisor.
Period of Appointment
This position is fixed term until October 2022.
Hours of Work
- Τhe position is part time 0.6 FTE (3 days per week)
- Location of the position is at the Wimmera office or (outpost). Flexibility in the location of the role may be negotiated with a minimum of 2 days a week required at the Wimmera office.
- Hours will usually be worked during business hours of 9.00 am to 5.06 pm between Monday to Friday
- The days are based on the needs of the service
- Flexibility in working hours will be required from time to time as the need arises.
Salary and Conditions
Annual salary range is $78,527.28 – $92,418.04 plus superannuation (pro rata for part time). Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
Industrial Instrument: The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre Enterprise Agreement 2018.
Salary Packaging: Provided via Maxxia. PBI status with other expenses available to package above this cap. The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre is a Public Benevolent Institution.
Superannuation: The employer will also make superannuation payments on your behalf in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992.
Probationary Period – 6 months with a review conducted during this time.
Employee Responsibility – Mandatory prior to commencement
- Valid Working with Children Check
- National Police Records Check – renewed every 3 years of employment at employee expense
This position description is subject to review and may change in accordance with the needs of our organisation; including our operations, our clients and our stakeholders.