Manager Primary Prevention
About The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre
We are a leading organisation offering a comprehensive suite of services to clients and the community across the Barwon, West Melbourne and Wimmera Regions. Providing specialist sexual assault and family violence programs and services, including 24 hour crisis care support, crisis accommodation, case management, therapeutic counselling, early intervention and professional education and training, we continue to grow and develop our offerings.
About The Role
This is rare and exciting ongoing opportunity to lead a small passionate and cohesive Primary Prevention team. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of evidence based primary prevention projects and capacity building initiatives and actively seeks opportunities to grow our project funded and fee for service delivery
You have strong strategic and leadership skills, excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills and a proven record of accomplishment in designing, delivering and evaluating primary prevention programs and initiatives.
You thrive working autonomously and in a dynamic team environment, with the ability to prioritise competing demands. You will be a values driven person, motivated by projects that make a difference.
If you share our vision for a community free from family violence and sexual assault and are motivated to make a difference, we would like to hear from you. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work and we care for you by investing in your development and wellbeing. We offer leading salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements that help you manage your work and your life.
Why work for The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre?
The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre takes pride in being an employer of choice; we are passionate about the wellbeing of our team members and we celebrate diversity and inclusion in all we do. We have a high level of employee engagement and satisfaction and provide a number of complementary benefits to our staff, some of our benefits include:
- Generous above award Enterprise Agreement entitlements
- Flexible and part time working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- 10 weeks Paid parental leave
- Salary packaging
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Social initiatives
- Positive workplace culture
The SAFV Centre acknowledges and respects the traditional Aboriginal custodians of the land.
How To Apply
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 15 July 2022
To apply, please send your resume and response to the key selection criteria to sent to [email protected] All applications must address the key selection criteria outlined in the PD.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Chantale White on 0487 546 939.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain a current Working With Children’s check and National Police Check.
The SAFV Centre complies with the Chief Health Officer directions that employees and students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants and students must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
Key Selection Criteria
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor or higher degree in health promotion, social work, community development, gender studies, public policy, or similar qualification.
- Significant relevant experience in a similar, senior level role leading a team to deliver high quality projects and initiatives, including supervision, work planning, performance management and staff development.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive subject matter expertise together with a comprehensive understanding of the determinants, dynamics and impact of gender-based violence, based on evidence and intersectional feminist analysis as well as knowledge of current sexual and family violence reforms.
- Business acumen in identifying and realising growth opportunities, including leading revenue growth across a similar professional services portfolio.
- Significant experience in designing, delivering and evaluating prevention projects and initiatives.
- Advanced relationship building, stakeholder engagement, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, responsive and organised, including strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects successfully.
- Highly developed presentation, communication and interpersonal skills in representing the organisation, appropriate to the audience, including the ability to undertake public speaking, and deliver education and training sessions in a range of settings.
- Strong strategic analysis and evaluation skills to build knowledge, evidence and program expansion.
- Excellent writing skills including demonstrated ability to develop or coordinate content material, develop submissions, project plans, proposals, maintain databases, conduct evaluations and provide professional reports.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a dynamic, changing environment, working autonomously whilst also being able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Commitment to the vision, values and purposes of The SAFV Centre.
- Demonstrated commitment to a learning culture, continuous quality improvement and an ability to be flexible in a changing environment.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Applicants must provide the name and current contact details of 2-3 professional referees including the most recent or current supervisor.
Period of Appointment
This position is ongoing, dependent on the continuation of funding to the service.
Hours of Work
The hours of work will be between the hours of 9:00am – 5:06pm.
Flexibility in working hours will be required from time to time as the need arises.
Salary and Conditions
- Annual salary range is Business Services Level 5 $98,525.58 plus superannuation (pro-rata for part time).
- Industrial Instrument: The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre Enterprise Agreement 2018.
- Salary Packaging: Provided via Maxxia. PBI status with other expenses available to package above this cap. The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre is a Public Benevolent Institution.
- Superannuation: The employer will also make superannuation payments on your behalf in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992.
- Probationary Period – 6 months with a review conducted during this time
Employee Responsibility – Mandatory prior to commencement
- Valid Working with Children Check
- National Police Records Check – renewed every 3 years of employment at employee expense
This position description is subject to review and may change in accordance with the needs of The SAFV Centre, our operation, our clients and our stakeholders.