Quality and Compliance Manager
About The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre
We are a leading organisation offering a comprehensive suite of services to clients and the community across the Barwon, West Melbourne and Wimmera Regions. Providing specialist sexual assault and family violence programs and services, including 24 hour crisis care support, case management, therapeutic counselling, early intervention and professional education and training, we continue to grow and develop our offerings.
About The Role
The Quality and Compliance Manager is responsible for the SAFV Centre’s quality and compliance management processes. Reporting to the Executive Manager, Corporate Services, the position facilitates a culture of continuous improvement and would best suit a person who has an understanding of the needs of our organisation and can provide a high level of expertise across various functions.
With an aptitude for planning and attention to detail this role is responsible for organisational compliance with relevant legislative and funding body requirements, all elements of the Quality Management System (QMS) including maintaining and delivering the QM Roadmap. Another major function of this role will be managing quality systems and ongoing compliance across all areas of the organisation, including for example: Department of Human Services Standards, ISO 9001:2016 Quality Management Systems – Requirements, Family Violence Multi-Agency Risk Assessment and Management (MARAM) Framework and the Child Safe Standards.
You will have qualifications in Quality Management and Project or Change Management or relevant experience. You will have an excellent work ethic and a demonstrated ability to work autonomously and show initiative. This role is expected to build effective working relationships with key stakeholders and contribute to the strategic and business planning with a focus on continuous improvement. You will be a values based individual who is motivated to make a difference.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain a current Working With Children’s check and National Police Check at their own expense.
Why work for The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre?
The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre takes pride in being an employer of choice; we are passionate about the wellbeing of our team members and we provide a number of complementary benefits to our staff, some of our benefits include:
Generous above award Enterprise Agreement entitlements
- Flexible and part time working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- 10 weeks Paid parental leave
- Salary packaging
Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Weekly delivery of fruit
- Pet friendly environment
- Internal book exchange program
- Social initiatives
- Positive workplace culture
During COVID 19, The Sexual Assault and Family Violence is providing numerous engagement opportunities for staff to ensure they feel supported whilst working from home, These engagement opportunities include:
- Regular communications such as a weekly staff newsletter and fortnightly CEO update
- Organisation wellness channel; virtual afternoon teas, walking meetings, care packages and social initiatives
How To Apply
To apply, please go to our website at www.safvcentre.org.au/careers to view the position description and submission requirements. All applications must address the key selection criteria outlined in the PD. Applications should be sent to [email protected]. For a confidential discussion, please contact Kelly Wickham on 03-5222 4318
We are currently accepting applications from direct applicants only, no recruitment agency applications accepted.
Key Selection Criteria
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Quality Management Certification.
- Project and Change Management Certification, or experience.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Quality Management role.
- Experience managing a structured QMS that includes Legislative and Government funding compliance requirements.
- Experience in managing all aspects of external audits and internal self-audits which cover various functions.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Strong relationship building, engagement and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and collaboratively.
- Ability to maintain a secure work environment and adherence to privacy guidelines.
- Commitment to the vision, values, and purposes of The SAFV Centre.
- Commitment to continuous quality improvement and cultural equity in service delivery.
- Current Victorian Driver’s Licence.
Applicants must provide the name and current contact details of 2-3 professional referees including the most recent or current supervisor.
Period of Appointment
This position is ongoing, dependent on the continuation of funding to the service.
Hours of work
- The position is part time (3 or 4 days a week);
- Location of the position is at the Geelong office;
- Hours will usually be worked during business hours of 9.00 am to 5.06 pm between Monday to Friday;
- The days are based on the needs of the service;
- Flexibility in working hours will be required from time to time as the need arises
Salary and Conditions
- Annual salary will be paid in accordance with the current industrial instrument, The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre Enterprise Agreement 2018, and classified as a Business Services Administration and Support Services Level 5 Employee. Annual salary is $96,122.52 plus superannuation (pro rata for part time).
- Salary Packaging: Provided via Maxxia. PBI status with other expenses available to package above this cap. The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre is a Public Benevolent Institution.
- Superannuation: The employer will also make superannuation payments on your behalf in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992.
- Probationary Period – 6 months with a review conducted during this time.
Employee Responsibility – Mandatory prior to commencement
- Valid Working with Children Check
- National Police Records Check – renewed every 3 years of employment at employee expense
This position description is subject to review and may change in accordance with the needs of our organisation; including our operations, our clients and our stakeholders.