Specialist Family Violence Case Manager – Colac
About The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre
We are a leading organisation offering a comprehensive suite of services to clients and the community across the Barwon, West Melbourne and Wimmera Regions. Providing specialist sexual assault and family violence programs and services, including 24 hour crisis care support, case management, therapeutic counselling, early intervention and professional education and training, we continue to grow and develop our offerings.
About The Role
We have multiple Specialist Family Violence Case Manager positions available. Full time or part time 4-5 days per week 12 month fixed term. This positions will provide intensive support to women and children who are experiencing or have experienced family violence. They use a strong understanding of the gendered and complex nature of family violence and evidence based risk factors to continuously assess a client’s risk and safety, while also addressing other support needs identified with the client.
With degree qualifications in social work, welfare or psychology, you have demonstrated experience in assessment and risk management, crisis intervention, case management and you will be able to demonstrate experience in delivery of therapeutic interventions.
You will be a values driven person, motivated to make a difference and hold the client at the centre of everything you do. You thrive working autonomously and also collaboratively within a dynamic, team environment.
If you share our vision for a community free from family violence and sexual assault and are motivated to make a difference, we would like to hear from you. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. You care for our clients and we care for you, including by investing in your development and wellbeing. You will have access to leading specialists and training and development that supports you in your role and in your longer term career journey. We offer a variety of career pathway options, leading salary packaging benefits and flexible working arrangements that help you manage your work and your life.
Why work for The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre?
The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre takes pride in being an employer of choice; we are passionate about the wellbeing of our team members and we provide a number of complementary benefits to our staff, some of our benefits include:
- Generous above award Enterprise Agreement entitlements
- Flexible and part time working arrangements
- Professional development opportunities
- 10 weeks Paid parental leave
- Salary packaging
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Flu vaccinations
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Social initiatives
- Positive workplace culture
How To Apply
Applications close 5:00 pm Sunday 18 December 2022
To apply, email your resume and key selection criteria response. All applications must address the key selection criteria outlined in the PD. Applications should be sent to [email protected]g.au.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Chantale White on 0487 546 939.
The successful candidate will be required to maintain a current Working With Children’s check and National Police Check at their own expense.
The SAFV Centre complies with the Chief Health Officer directions that employees and students to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants and students must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
Key Selection Criteria
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or above qualification in social work, psychology or related discipline.
- Minimum two years experience working in the family violence sector.
Essential skills and knowledge
- Demonstrated understanding of the assessment of risk in relation to family violence and provision of crisis intervention and casework with women and children from diverse backgrounds who have experienced family violence.
- Excellent understanding of the gendered nature and complex dynamic of family violence including the impact of family violence on women and children and the ability to articulate and apply to practice and advocacy.
- Demonstrated ability to reflect and analyse complex problems and provide workable solutions.
- Demonstrated capacity to adapt, support and manage change.
- Demonstrated skills in building relationships with a range of government and other key stakeholders at a systemic and individual planning level.
- Demonstrated ability to flexibly manage completing priorities and assist others to do so.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the principles of equity, diversity, continual improvement, risk management and occupational health and safety.
- A comprehensive understanding of the family violence service system including knowledge of the Family Violence Protection Act 2008 and the MARAM Framework.
- Commitment to the vision, purpose, aims and objectives of The SAFV Centre
- Commitment to the continuous quality improvement and inclusive diversity in service delivery
- Current full Victorian drivers licence
Applicants must provide the name and current contact details of 2-3 professional referees including the most recent or current supervisor.
Period of Appointment
This position is ongoing, dependent on the continuation of funding to the service.
Hours of Work
- This ongoing position is part-time or full time (0.8 – 1.0 FTE – 4 or 5 days per week) one fixed term position and one ongoing
- Hours will usually be worked during business hours of 9:00am to 5.06 p.m. between Monday to Friday.
- The working days are based on the needs of the service.
- Flexibility in working hours will be required from time to time as the need arises.
Salary and Conditions
- Annual salary range is $96,969.60 – $101,250.24 plus superannuation (pro rata for part time). Salary will be commensurate with experience and skills.
- Industrial Instrument: The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre Enterprise Agreement 2018.
- Salary Packaging: Provided via Maxxia. PBI status with other expenses available to package above this cap. The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre is a Public Benevolent Institution.
- Superannuation: The employer will also make superannuation payments on your behalf in accordance with the Superannuation Guarantee (Administration) Act 1992.
- Probationary Period – 6 months with a review conducted during this time
Employee Responsibility – Mandatory prior to commencement
- Valid Working with Children Check.
- National Police Records Check – renewed every 3 years of employment.
- Current Drivers Licence
The SAFV Centre complies with the CHO directions which requires all employees to be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19, unless they are an Excepted Person as defined by the COVID-19 Mandatory
Vaccination (Workers) Directions. All applicants must therefore be able to comply with this requirement.
This position description is subject to review and may change in accordance with the needs of The Sexual Assault and Family Violence Centre, our operation, our clients and our stakeholders.