Training – Family Violence and Sexual Assault – Understanding and Responding
Family Violence and Sexual Assault – Understanding and Responding
The ‘Family violence and sexual assault – understanding and responding’ training is an entry-level training module designed for community members and professionals in the Barwon region. Content is evidence informed by the key drivers, prevalence and impact of sexual assault and family violence, including gender-based violence against women.
The intention of the training is to build participants’ awareness and understanding of the causes and issues surrounding family violence and sexual assault and to develop skills and confidence in effectively identifying and appropriately responding to disclosures.
This training provides opportunity for you to:
- Define sexual assault & family violence, know the prevalence, understand the gendered nature and identify a range of violent behaviors
- Build understanding on sexual assault & family violence experiences with an intersectional lens
- Increase knowledge of consent and ‘enthusiastic’ consent
- Strengthen confidence in enabling and responding to disclosures
- Explore self-care and vicarious resilience concepts
- Build understanding of support pathways to specialist services
Duration: 3 hours
Location: Online and Face to Face options available.
Thank you to the Barwon Area Integrated Family Violence Committee for funding delivery of this training in 2021-2022.
To book a session, please click on the links below
- Monday 16 August – 1pm-4pm (online) – REGISTER HERE
- Tuesday 24 August – 9.30am-12.30pm (online) – REGISTER HERE
- Tuesday 14 September – 9.30am-12.30pm (online) – REGISTER HERE
- Thursday 14 October – 9.30am-12.30pm (face to face) – REGISTER HERE
- Tuesday 16 November – 1pm-4pm (online) – REGISTER HERE
- Wednesday 8 December – 9.30am-12.30pm (online) – REGISTER HERE