Welcome to our web chat support service
This service is available Monday to Friday 9am-1pm (except on public holidays) connecting you with a specialist sexual assault and family violence practitioner. We encourage you to use this service for:
- Initial support for sexual assault and family violence
- Initial information for professionals seeking further advice
- Initial information on how to support a family member or friend
If you are in immediate danger, please call Police on 000
Chats are anonymous and are not recorded.
If at any time you need to end the chat, please use our Quick Exit button located at the top right hand corner of our website. When our chat has finished, there will be no record of our conversation on your device.
While the web chat is encrypted for security purposes, if your device has been compromised, someone else could still see the chat conversation. Please ensure that you are using a safe, untampered device.
If the chat service is cut off unexpectedly due to technical issues, please call us or restart a chat.
When your chat has finished, to protect your privacy and safety, please exit out of the webpage. The chat will be removed immediately.
Age of Consent
Our service is available to people of all ages, However, to chat to us you must be 16 years and over or you will need consent from a parent to proceed.
Connecting with us
For Barwon support, please contact us on 03 5222 4318 or email [email protected], and for Wimmera support, please contact us on 03 5381 1211 or [email protected]
Our web chat service is available for people who are trying to access our specialist sexual assault and family violence services, their family and friends, and professionals seeking secondary consultations. If your enquiry is about media, events, training, donations, fundraising or is general in nature, please call or email us through the contact details above.
Additional support services
Please find below other services and helplines which may be able to respond to your needs:
- Sexual Assault Crisis Line 1800 806 292
- safe steps 1800 015 188 (24 hour helpline for Family Violence)
- 1800 Respect (24 hour helpline for Sexual Assault and Family Violence)
- The Orange Door in Barwon 1800 312 820
- Kids Helpline 1800 551 800
- Headspace Geelong 03 5222 6690
- Headspace Horsham 03 5381 1543
- eHeadspace 1800 650 890
- Lifeline 131114
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636