What we offer
The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre designs and delivers training to support the primary prevention of violence against women and family violence; to recognise and respond to disclosures of sexual assault and family violence; strengthen workforce capability in working with people impacted by trauma, and; building an understanding of vicarious trauma to vicarious resilience.
We have expertise across the continuum of primary prevention to response of sexual assault and family violence and is well positioned with a wealth of expertise and practical working knowledge to design and deliver training.
Our training brings together the connection between theory and evidence-based practice. This supports building capacity and people to recognise and respond appropriately to people affected by sexual assault and family violence.
Our training is delivered to workplaces, corporate sector and community by our industry professionals who have a diverse range of relevant training, education and experience.
To be informed of our upcoming training and important training updates, you can subscribe by emailing [email protected]. Registrations for all training sessions can be made by clicking on the relevant booking link.
We welcome opportunities to work with you to deliver training that meets your needs. Contact us by calling (03) 5222 4318 or email [email protected].
An informative, interesting and engaging session. I took a lot out of the session and materials and thoroughly enjoyed it – Training participant
Contributing to the evidence base and reflective practice
Our training sessions are evaluated, with direct feedback from participants at the end of each session, then reviewed, and or refined. We value the importance of effective evaluation, and increasing capability of our training participants.
We currently deliver training in the Barwon area, Wimmera region and across Melbourne. Our training and professional development services are available across Victoria, and interstate upon request.
Tailored training packages
Using our specialist expertise, The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre offers fee for service training, specifically designed to meet your needs, and tailored to your audience. Where our training sessions are delivered to an organisation, it is important to include this in the context of work happening across the organisation, with mutually reinforcing messages. It is with the transference of this knowledge and skill into practice, that real change can be made, in workplaces, community and across settings; to prevent and address sexual assault and family violence.
Email contact list
- We request cancellations of registration to be made in writing to The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre Training team [email protected]
- Fees paid will be refunded as follows:
- Cancellation before five working days prior to course – full refund
- Cancellation within five working days prior to course – partial refund, less $50 late cancellation fee.
- Registrations are transferable to a colleague for all training sessions (except where pre-requisite sessions are not met). Notification is required prior to the commencement of training on the day. This should be by email, where possible.
- Sessions may be cancelled and your registration fee refunded if registration numbers do not meet minimum requirements to proceed.
Who can attend our training?
People who attend our training can include professionals and volunteers from community sector services, health sector services, the education sector, disability sector services, the justice sector, along with other relevant service providers.
Where are the sessions held?
Sessions are held in a variety of community and workplace settings. Our core training is primarily based in Geelong, Colac and Horsham. Our training services are available across Victoria, and interstate via request. Location details will be clearly stated in the session information details.
How long do sessions run for?
- Most sessions are three hours or a full day. There are occasional variations to this, depending on the content of the course and to meet the needs of the audience.
- Please check the session information details which will clearly state the commencement and end time for each session.
How much do sessions cost?
The cost information for each session is provided in the session information details. Please check this information prior to enrolment.
How do I enrol for a session?
Enrolment is via Trybooking. You will find this link in the session information details. Click on the link and it will take you to the appropriate page.
- Who should I contact if I’d like further information about a session?
Enrolment terms and conditions
- The Sexual Assault & Family Violence Centre works to ensure accessibility to all our training for all people. If you have any support needs, please let us know.
- Please refer to our section on Cancellations regarding any alterations or cancelations for session enrolments.